5 years ago
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Procedure Scheduled
Well today we went to the Cardiologist and they have scheduled the procedure. The Cardiologist is actually a pediatric cardiologist that specializes in elctro something or another. Which is what the issue is with Travis. So by it being a pediatric cardiologist they will actually knock Travis completely out as where if he went to one as an adult, they would give him an abnesia drug, which is what they gave me when I had my colonoscopy and I am here to tell you that it doesn't work. So, anyhow, we are very thankful that they are doing it as a pediatric not an adult. Travis said that he was glad, cuz they are going in through both sides of the groin and he does NOT want to be awake for that. So, anyhow, they have him scheduled for surgery on the 7th of November. They have to do it in San Antonio cuz that is where the specialist is at. We will go down on the 6th and get a motel, he has to be there at 6:00 am for surgery and they will keep him for 24 hours for observation. He will then be released to go home. He will have to take it easy for about 2 months. After that he will have another EKG and if there is no sign of it then he is cured. This is something that you are born with not something that you can develop. So, once it is gone then it is gone. PTL! So, anyhow, here is the update as of yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good gravy, I just happened to have a minute and was checking out your blog. You tell my sweet Travis that I'm praying for him. I'll put him on the prayer list here. Love Aunt Susie
ReplyDeleteoh robin. ill pray for him. anything to help the burns family out. i love you lady!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! Sounds like alot going on in the Burns household...you all will be in our prayers. I am so glad they caught this now and you guys are able to take care of this as a family. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
ReplyDeleteI will have you all in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your home right now. If there is anything that I can do to help then please let me know.
ReplyDelete