Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Travis

ok, I have another prayer request, I know needy I am. Travis has been having some tightness in his chest for a couple of days now. He said that it was no big deal, he was fine. Well, yesterday it got way worse when he was at school. His Algebra teacher came and asked him if he was having chest pain, he told her that it was just kinda tight. He was then sent to the nurse and she made him call me, he wanted to just go on back to class. Honestly after talking to the nurse we thought that it was probably walking pneumonia. So I took him to the ER. They first did chest a X-ray, then an EKG. The chest x-ray came back ok, they said that he had bronchitis. The EKG on the other hand showed an abnormality. The doctors said that it is WPW, Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. They said that it is something that you are born with and that it could be fatal if not fixed. It is basically an extra valve on one side of his heart, and it could cause the heart to pump blood in the top half only, like circle round and round instead of pumping it on through. They can go in through a catheter in the groin or the neck and send an electrical pulse type thing to the valve itself and basically fry it, that would then keep it from trying to work. So, that would "cure" the issue. They said that there are no other symptoms of it, other than rapid heart beat. When they get the rapid heart beat that is when it could become fatal. So, we go tomorrow to see the cardiologist. I guess that we will know more then.Talk about a blessing in disquise. He had tightness in his chest so we took him to the ER, it was only bronchitis. We could have just taken him to the doctor for that, however they would not have done and EKG so we would not have found the WPW. WOW! What a blessing that really was. So, if you could please continue to keep him in your prayers, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. OMG ROBIN!!! Are you okay. Im going to call you tomorrow its kind of late or I would call you now! If you need anything let me know! I have an EKG tomorrow....Maybe Ill see you there at the cardiologist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have one??? Are you ok??? Yes, we are doing ok, just anxious for tomorrow. Let me know how yours goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Blessing in disguise", no kidding! I bet you didn't sleep last night. All I've got around here is a kid with the stomach flu. If I can help please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is insane!!! I'm glad we got to see you yesterday for a little bit! Good thing we didn't go together to Chilis- your dog!! Everything always happens when the guys are gone! Let us know if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I hope everything goes great in November and I'm really glad they caught it. I can only imagine what was going through your head! I'm sorry that it happened, but at least it's fixable and good thing they're going peds w/ him!! Let me know if there's anything you need/want me to do to help.

    ReplyDelete