Well, the long awaited answer on James' OCS (Officer Candidate School) has finally come. This has been a long, long, long process. He put his packet in like a good 1 1/2-2 years ago. They have jerked him around, actually one certain person sat with it on his desk for like forever. It was there so long that he had to have his PT test redone, like twice. They lost his packet and it had to be redone. He had to have his DA photo retaken. Resubmit stuff, in order to get his packet back up to date. What a mess it has been. So with all of this waiting he made his E8 rank, so now he is a 1st Sergeant. Low and behold, NOW they have finally accepted him to go to OCS. All of this waiting makes me wonder, is it God saying "how bad do you really want it" or was he saying all along "this isn't for you" and that is why it took so long. I don't know, I just hope and pray that this is really where we are supposed to be going in the grand scheme of things. I guess that it has been one bumpy ride and it looks like as if it isn't over yet, maybe really just beginning. Either way, I am so very proud of my honey! Like I have always told him, I will stand behind him no matter what he decides to do. He is the one that has to get up and go to work and if he is not happy and doesn't enjoy what he is doing, then we aren't happy either. You know the saying "if mama ain't happy then ain't nobody happy"? Well if daddy ain't happy then mama ain't happy then ain't nobody happy. So, please keep us in your prayers, we need them right now. Oh, this could also mean a move in the near future. I am not sure how I feel about that either.
5 years ago
Sorry for mentioning the whole move thing in front of Trevor. I know you having waiting for this a long time. Congrats
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your fam....I dont know if Im ready to let you move though....Ill have to think about that one!
ReplyDeleteMy grammar skills are awesome by the way. ^
ReplyDeleteEm~ You know it!! Go on!! :)
ReplyDeleteWell, it would be really nice if OCS was somewhere in the midwest so we could have you back close to home! I miss you terribly!
ReplyDeleteAunt Susie