What a crazy week it has been. You know that everything happens when James is gone. First there was a Soldier that shot and killed his Lieutenant and then turned the gun on himself. Then there was, on our street, a house fire. Not only was it a house fire, once they got the fire under control, they found a body in the truck that was in the carport. YIKES!!! Apparently the body still has yet to be identified, it was burned beyond recognition. They couldn't even determine if it was male or female, according to the news. Very scary! So, anyhow, I will keep you posted on that one. And then we have good ol' Hurricane Ike! Actually, we got ourselves all ready for "just in case" with our clothes and food and flashlights, dogs stuff and all. Thankfully we didn't have to use any of it. But, anyhow, it is all nice and sunny now. I think that we got maybe 30 minutes or so of rain this afternoon. Not even the good hard rain, like you know that you got some rain. So, big ol' bad Ike kinda skipped over us. I have to say that I am very glad that we didn't get hit with anything bad. A bit more rain would have been nice, the grass could really use it. Other than that, all is well here. Travis is working on his big ol' honkin' car that he bought from a friend of his in Arkansas. It is a 73 Ford Torino, you know like the Starsky and Hutch car? Well that is what it is like, not quite as shiny though. (Oh, and it doesn't exactly run either) Well that is about it for now. When I find my little stick thing to put the pictures from my camera on here I will finally get the one of James and Travis together in their Class A's. :) 

Cool car, huh???
WOW....Umm yea i really am not sure what else to say. I hope james makes it home safe and that the boys aren't all tramatized over it all! Hurricane Ike was a dissapointment wasn't it! Haha
ReplyDeleteUmmm, craziness! Was the baby alive? I sure hope so! The hurricane was a little lame. All week we've been preparing and being worried for nothing! (Thankfully, but still it would have been nice to know it was going to turn!)
ReplyDeleteOkay Chelsea got me all going crazy about the baby? I thought did I miss that part I know I read it already!!!! I guess I am still missing what the heck she was reading! lol
ReplyDeleteOk, woops...it says "body" in the truck...SORRY! I have baby on my brain apparently.
ReplyDeletehaha!! You two crack me up! I have to admit that I was wondering the same thing about the baby?? :) Too funny!
ReplyDelete