Monday, August 18, 2008

PFC Burns, James T.

Well, my boy is finally home. We left Friday morning at 4:33 and got to Family Day at 10:00. They did some demonstrations for us of what all they did while at Basic and then they stood in the hot sun and then were finally released to us. I was so excited to see his skinny little face! He didn't lose a whole bunch of weight, just redistributed it. He looks good, healthy kind of skinny face. :) So, the first thing that we had to do was go get some Taco Bell. He got his Cheesy bean and rice burritos. He sure had missed them. I think that he was more excited about getting them than he was seeing us. Toot! Apparently that good food that he had told us about in the beginning was just at the reception area, once they got to their "batteries" (where they actually do basic) it wasn't so good. Poor things, get their hopes up just to bring them crashing down. :( Anyhow, it was like dejavu there at the graduation, it doesn't seem like it could be possible that we were there for Travis' graduation from Basic when we just had James' graduation not that long ago. Ok, maybe it was almost 15 years ago, it just doesn't seem like it could have been possible. So anyhow, it just is so nice to have all three of my boys back at home together again. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Like the one of 1SG James Burns and PFC James Burns together in their Class A's. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my I can't wait to see that picture. That so crazy! I hope you had a blast there and everything went smooth! Tell him congrats on the graduation! Can't wait to hang out with you and hear all the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really nice to have the whole family together. My parents are hoping that all their children will be home for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to your picture.

    ReplyDelete