Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Travis

Well, Travis is officially gone off to Basic! BOOHOO!!! I really am very proud of him, just sad that he will be gone for 9, count them 9 weeks!!! That is if nothing happens and he has to roll over to the next class. (you know like he gets sick and misses class or something like that) If, I repeat if, that was to happen then he will be gone a bit longer. He has never been gone that long before. He did go last summer to Philmont on a scout thing. I have to say that 2 weeks for that was enough for me, 9 weeks is going to be really much harder. I am sure that he will be fine, me, I am not so sure. :( He left tonight around 6:00 for Dallas. Tomorrow he will be bused to Fort Sill, Oklahoma. This is where he will do his Basic Training for 9 weeks.......woe is me. Well anyhow, I really need to get to bed, it's been a very long and emotional day. I will try to get some pictures on here of him on the bus that took him to Dallas. Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I am so proud of him...even if he didn't call me back before he left. I love you all very much and I know that you must be so very proud of his wanting to defend his country! That time will fly! Robin like Dad always the older you get the faster time goes...and well sis...your not a spring chicken anymore! LOL!!! Just kidding! I love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://360.yahoo.com/guardchk@sbcglobal.net

    Morning Robin,

    T'was really good to reconnect with you. Here's the addy of my blog. And, like yours, start from the bottom to play catch up!

    Laters,
    SGT Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how are you both doing now? I am sure he is doing fine.... Robin if you need to call anyone you know who.. ;)

    ReplyDelete