Thursday, June 19, 2008

Travis

Finally!!! We finally heard from Travis!!! We got two letters from him the other day, neither one of them had an address. He was still in the processing part of it all. Poor thing he had quiet a time. They have to get blood drawn and shots and all kinds of stuff. The girl who drew his blood went through the vein when she was switching out the vials, she switched arms and then did the same thing on the other one. They are supposed to get three vials and she only got two of them. Mind you Travis HATES needles, so you know that he was loving this. He said that they learned how to punch each other in the arm to release the knot at the injection site. Sounded like great fun to me. When they got their uniforms issued to them they had not got their tennis shoes yet so the first day when they were getting all of their shots and such they had to wear the shoes that they got there in. Guess what Travis was wearing?? His cowboy boots! He said that even the drill sergeant got a good laugh at that. :) Oh, he also passed his first PT test. :) James is very proud! So anyhow, I have his address now, so if any of you would like shot me an email or give me a holler and I would be more than happy to give it to you. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, send me his address. I send him a shout! So glad to hear he is doing okay.

    Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh poor guy! You know needles I think were the number one reasons I didnt head to the military haha. Anyways I hope he is continuing to do well as well as you!

    ReplyDelete