5 years ago
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Holy Buckets!
Holy buckets, I never imagined how horribly bad this would hurt! The first couple of days hadn't been too horrible because the "block" that they gave me for surgery was still working. Well let me tell you, it is NOT working anymore!!! It hurts so very bad! They switched the pain meds and I think that it is a bit better, at least it doesn't make me so nauseated. Not being able to sleep on my side is rough also, I am a left side sleeper normally. I did try to sleep in our bed last night, I lasted about 2 hours. Back to the couch I went, on it I can put my arm against the back of it and get a bit of stabilization. Sounds funny, I know, but it is the best that I can do. Gotta love it! I do however love how my honey and boys have taken such wonderful care of me. They are so sweet. Travis is getting pretty good about folding the laundry before it is completely wrinkled. Trevor has been helping unload the dishwasher. I think that it has been the hardest on him, he isn't quite sure what to think about me not doing all of the stuff that I normally do. He comes in from school everyday and just hugs me and sometimes I even get a kiss on my forehead. I love that part! Then James, well he is vacuuming, brushing my hair, helping me dress, bathe and he even pulled on my eyelids to help me put on my eyeliner tonight to go to Travis' band concert. You know how when you put eyeliner on your top lid and you kinda pull it so that it is smooth, well he did that, standing behind me in the bathroom mirror. Never mind the fact that he pulled them both at the same time and nearly rolled on the floor laughing! Love that man! Then we have the Ladies, what a awesome bunch of women that I have here, they have made sure that we have had dinner every single night since I came home from the hospital. We have had awesome lasagna with this delicious asparagus, spaghetti with the best meatballs that I have ever eaten, this broccoli, cheesy rice and chicken casserole that I need the recipe for, pizza with all of the good stuff and some chicken enchiladas that Travis inhaled. I tell you what, I can't thank you ladies enough for all that you have done for me and all of my boys! This just goes to show how awesome God truly is, that He would put us all here together at this time. What would I have done without all of these wonderful people in my life? (I do wish that He would maybe help me type one handed a bit faster) ;) Thanks everybody for your help, thoughts, and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you get to feeling better!!! I know first hand how hard surgeries are to get over!!! Obey the dr and rest as often and as much as poss!!! Thanks for everything you do for us! I really appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteI hope that pain goes away very very soon and you are better then ever! Surgery sucks no matter what kind it is ask my c-section scar and gall bladder! haha. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING you need!
ReplyDeleteAw, your husband is so sweet. He needs to give mine lessons! :) I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteYes, she is wearing the Harley hat. We love it thanks for giving it to us. I would also like to thank you for all the help that you have given us. You watching Abby has a been a big help. I hope that your recovery goes well for you.
ReplyDeletealright women update! How are you feeling! Do you need any help? The girls could get together and do your hair for you bright colored pony tails and all....
ReplyDelete