5 years ago
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Good to be Home!
We finally made it home! We tried to leave Friday evening and we got almost to Belton and James said "I can't do this" I looked in the mirror and he was not looking so good. His foot was so swollen and he was really hurting, so we turned around and headed back. I had to call family and tell them that we weren't coming home for Christmas this year and that was awful! I have to say that God has really blessed us in the fact that we have been in the Army for over 15 years and we have not missed one single Christmas home with our family. Well He obviously still planned on us going this year also, just not on our time frame, on His instead. After a trip to the ER and the re wrapping of James foot and new meds we got up and left out at 0618 (6:18 am) Saturday morning and arrived at Mom and Howie's at 1643 (4:43 pm). And...Oh my goodness, it is so stinking cold here!!! Like the high today was 12 or something insane like that! The temperature right now is -1!!!! Crazy!!! So, anyhow, we spent the day baking and were like hermits today, Mom, James and I never even got out of our jammas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so staying in my jammys util I start work after my 3 year vacation on the 5th. Stay warm and marry christmas
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you had a setback. Poor guy, glad you all made it. I have say, "Eek!" to the -1 temp.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys made it safe! Hope you stay warm and his foot keeps healing! Have a good holidays. We got snowed in.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys made it safe! Hope you stay warm and his foot keeps healing! Have a good holidays. We got snowed in.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you guys made it safe and sound, even if it didn't work the first try! Hope you have an awesome Christmas!! And I'm w/ Em on the temp, that's insanity!
ReplyDelete