5 years ago
Monday, July 14, 2008
Headin' back to Texas
Well we are going to be heading back to Texas tomorrow morning. We have had a good visit with family and friends here in Kansas.It has been so nice visiting with them all. I am however going to be glad to get back home to my own bed! Trevor has been working very hard on his vacation. He went to Grammie and Pa's and did hay with Gpa John and Dad. He was a huge help since Travis wasn't there to do it this year. Trevor used the hook and pulled the hay across to James so that James could then stack it. They put up some where about 1000 bails in two days. For such a little man that is a lot of hard work. He also got to go help work cows at Uncle Bob's. I tell you he has just worked his little tail off. I think that he has really been missing Travis, he has been Dustin's shadow. Dustin is my 19 year old nephew for those of you that don't know. Trevor sure thinks that he is cool. Dustin took him fishing and all. Fun!!! So anyhow, I will see some of you soon and others later! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we travel back home tomorrow. Thanks a bunch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Doesn't sound like a vacation. Sounds like hard work. I hope you all had fun.
ReplyDeleteI hope your trip home was a safe one. Bails of hay are really heavy, I used to help my gradmother with them. I enjoyed the animals and helping out. You all sound like you had a great time in KS.
ReplyDeleteNever thought I would want to head back to texas but I actually miss my house and my bed! Steve misses his toys and his copperas cove... We should be heading back soon....I hope everyone had a great time! I myself am allergic to hay so I cant say I know what the enjoyment would be out of chucking hay around hehe
ReplyDeleteHow do you work a cow? A suburbanite wants to know!
ReplyDeleteok, working cows is where you give them shots, casterate them, you know all kinds of fun stuff like that. :)
ReplyDelete